The Ethics Committee provides support, outlines options, and helps you and the health care team make a decision. Examples:
- Issues of confidentiality and patient privacy
- Appropriate levels of medical treatment or intervention
- When and how issues around death and dying should be addressed
- Patient autonomy and informed consent
- Clarification of policy issues and concerns
Who's on the Ethics Committee?
Members represent the Regional Director, the Patient Care Quality Officer, clergy, dietitians, doctors, ethicists, lawyers, nurses, pharmacists, social workers and other interested members of the community. Members serve a two-year term.
If you're interested in serving on the Ethics Committee, please fill out a Member Application.