Our staff, physicians and other authorized individuals collect, use and share your personal information to deliver health services.
They may use and share your information for the following purposes:
- For your immediate and ongoing care
- To help improve your quality of care and services
- For research purposes, if authorized and permitted by law
- For teaching and education purposes (e.g. training doctors and nurses)
- To understand your eligibility for benefits and services and to arrange payment
- To create an electronic patient and or client record
Your personal information may also be disclosed to other authorized individuals as required by law (e.g. to respond to a court order) or under a specific statute (e.g. the Coroner’s Act or Adult Guardianship Act).
To Our Patients and Clients
Below is an example of the poster which you should find displayed in all Northern Health facilities at each intake area. These posters ensure the public are aware of Northern Health’s commitment to protecting their privacy.