From our Blog
The province is currently inundated with numerous wildfires. Not only are fires a serious safety risk, but the smoke from these fires can be harmful to our health (especially to unborn children, children, the elderly, and those with chronic illness).
Here are some quick tips for breathing easier during a smoky skies bulletin:
- Limit your exposure to wildfire smoke
- Stay indoors and keep the air clean (windows/doors closed, no smoking, no burning fireplaces/candles/incense, no vacuuming, use a HEPA or EP indoor air cleaner if available).
- Reduce the amount of time spent outdoors – avoid rigorous outdoor activities.
- When in a vehicle, keep windows closed with air conditioning set to recirculate.
- Visit a clean air shelter or a location that has a large volume of air that is air conditioned and filters the air (such as shopping malls, swimming pools, public libraries, etc.).