The Nursing Support Services Program (NSSP) supports parents and teaches non-nurse caregivers to provide special health-related care for children (0 to 19years of age) with special health care needs.This care supports children to lead an active and healthy life in their community. It also ensures safe consistent care and appropriate health supports. The program is delivered by NSS Coordinators in homes, schools, and/or child care settings.
- Information and consultation on health care issues.
- Assessment, planning and evaluation of community care for special health care needs.
- Training and monitoring of alternate caregivers to provide special aspects of the child's care that require interventions (e.g. gastrostomy tube feeds, blood glucose monitoring, clean intermittent catherization, oral suctioning, seizure management, etc).
- Collaboration with families and other community resources, such as social workers, physiotherapists and teachers, to ensure appropriate services and supports are in place.
Anyone can refer a child to Nursing Support Services. For more information or to make a referral please call:
- Northern Interior - Prince George - (250) 612-4519 or (250) 565-7391
- Northeast - Dawson Creek - (250) 719-6500
- Northwest - Terrace - (250) 631-4200