Fertility Investigation and Post Vasectomy Specimens collection instructions:
1. No sexual activity (masturbation or intercourse) 2 - 7 days before specimen collection. (No less than 2 days, no longer than 7 days).
2. The laboratory requires a fresh and complete specimen for examination. All of the ejaculate must be collected. Test results may not be accurate if any of the sample, especially the first part of the sample, was spilled or lost during collection. Please check the correct box below and give this sheet to the staff at the Laboratory when you drop off you specimen for testing.
COMPLETE SAMPLE: YES □ NO □
3. Specimen is to be obtained by masturbation. Ejaculate the entire specimen into the container provided by the laboratory or physician. Do Not Use any other container, or a condom or a lubricant of any kind.
4. Print your full name, the date and time you collected the specimen on the container label.
5. Deliver only to the Hospital Lab Outpatient Department within 30 minutes of collection and before 12 noon, Monday - Thursday.
- The sample must be kept at body temperature until delivered to the lab by carrying it in an inner pocket against the body.
- When you arrive go directly to the front desk and tell the staff you have a time sensitive specimen.
- Prompt delivery of the specimen to the laboratory is essential to ensure the accuracy of the test results as the sample must be processed within 1 hour of collection.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Laboratory.
For the results of your test, please contact your doctor.