You have been provided with an envelope with one to three cardboard slides
|For accurate test results:
- Read 'patient instructions' completely before performing test.
- Apply samples from bowel movements collected on three different days to slides.
- Do not collect samples if blood is visible in your stool or urine (e.g. menstruation, active hemorrhoids, urinary tract infection). Contact your doctor.
- Protect cards from heat, light and volatile chemicals (iodine, ammonia, bleach, and household cleaners).
- Remove toilet bowl cleaners from toilet tank and flush twice before proceeding.
- For seven days before and during the stool collection period avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil), naproxen or aspirin (more than one adult aspirin a day).
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) can be taken as needed.
- For three days before and during stool collection period avoid vitamin C in excess of 250mg a day from supplements, and citrus fruits and juices.
- For three days before and during stool collection period avoid red meats (beef, lamb and liver).
- Eat a well balanced diet including fibre such as bran cereals, fruits and vegetables.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about medications you take regularly.
- 100% of RDA (recommended daily allowance) of vitamin C for an adult is 60mg a day.
- Some iron supplements contain vitamin C in excess of 250mg.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Laboratory.
For the results of your test, please contact your doctor.